This sweet and velvety favorite is more than a satisfying dinner -- it's a winter elixir. Garlic is an immunity-boosting champ and may help ward off colds. Make a big batch and freeze it, then reach for it whenever you feel your throat start to tickle.
From Whole Living , December 2011
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 heads garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Drizzle garlic heads with oil. Wrap tightly in foil and roast until tender, about 40 minutes. Let cool, then squeeze garlic from papery skin and set aside.
2. Bring stock, potatoes, and roasted garlic to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan.
3. Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with rustic bread.