Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
1 (5-6 lb.) roasted chicken
1 large yellow onion; slice thick
4 carrots; cut into 2 inch chunks
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Remove the giblets, then rinse chicken under cool water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Tie the legs together and tuck the wing tips under the body.
4. Place chicken in ziplock bag and coat with Garlic Festival Roasted Garlic Marinade
. Move it around, being sure to coat it with the marinade. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes (you can put the chicken in the marinade in the morning and let it marinate all day).
5. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and surround with onions and carrots.
6. Roast the chicken for approximately 1 1/2 hours. Be sure not to over cook.
7. Remove chicken and vegetables from the oven onto a serving dish and cover with aluminum foil. Leave for approximately 20 minutes.
8. Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve with vegetables. Goes great over lemon orzo, rice pilaf or coconut rice.